Today I decided to make something different. I found a recipe for shower melts on Pinterest, and I finally decided to make them today. It didn’t take a lot of time, and I had the ingredients in my kitchen. I used Lavender Essential Oil, corn starch, food coloring, and water. It worked out well. I did get one step out of order though, and I should have mixed to two colors of food coloring before I put it into the mix. That’s why the shower melts look like they have red and blue dots throughout. It was supposed to be purple. Live and learn. I will follow the directions better next time.
1 cup Corn starch
5 to 7 drops Lavender Essential Oil
3 to 4 drops of both red and blue food coloring
1 tablespoon water
1. Put corn starch and essential oil into mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly through the corn starch.
2. Add 3 or 4 drops of blue, and 3 to 4 drops of red food coloring. Mix well throughout
3. Add water to the mix. Mix well.
4. Add extra water until you have a thick paste.
5. Put thick paste into the ice tray and press down. Make sure it comes to the top. Mine made about 15.
6. Put in freezer for an hour, or until frozen.
7. Take out of freezer, and remove from ice tray.
This will be something that I enjoy using, mainly because I don’t get many chances to spake in a hot bath with bath salts, or bath bombs. If you would like to order any oils please use my member number when you order] #12906611. Thank you for reading my blog post.
Good measuring cups. I recommend these for all essential oil projects.
Good measuring spoons. I recommend these for all essential oil projects.